Our Chairs are BIFMA tested and approved
BIFMA - The Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association (BIFMA) has a set of standards which apply to general purpose furniture. Compliance with these standards is strictly voluntary and requires a variety of different types of tests for compliance.
Examples of the types of tests required for compliance are listed below including the results as they relate to our products:
- Back Rest Strength Test - 150 lbs. Functional - PASS, 250lbs. Proof - PASS. There is no loss of serviceability to the chair.
- Drop Test - 225 lb. Functional Drop Weight- PASS, 300 lbs. Proof Drop Weight - PASS. No structural breakage or loss of serviceability.
- Seating Impact Test - 165 lbs. 100,000 cycles - PASS. No loss of serviceability to the chair after completion of both the Impact and Load Ease tests.
- Stability Test - Front- 21 lbs. to tip, Rear- 45 lbs. to tip - PASS. The chair will not tip over as a result of the force application.
- Back Durability Test - 75 lbs. applied to back - 80,000 cycles - PASS. No structural breakage or loss of serviceability.
- Leg Strength Test - 150 lbs. Functional Load - PASS, 250 lbs. Proof Load - PASS. No loss of serviceability to the chair.
The BIFMA standards are voluntary, this means that not all manufacturers invest the time and money required to manufacture their furniture to these higher standards. When purchasing our chairs you simply know that they are made to withstand the heavy daily use that is part of a dining establishment.