Guide to Commercial Restaurant Seating
Using the right commercial furniture and restaurant seating layout is very important. These factors are crucial in determining a restaurant's efficiency in providing the customer with a great dining atmosphere and in helping the staff with a smooth work flow. The two main points to consider when furnishing a restaurant are: Furniture Arrangements and Distance.
You want to ensure a free flow for both customers and staff so as to prevent bumping and shuffling. To successfully achieve that you should position the chairs at least 18" apart from each other. If a chair is placed near a wall, you need to allow at least 40" of space from the chair to the wall.
The right furniture arrangement is a major step in creating a successful venue. A good arrangement will greatly facilitate in the right ambience while making sure that the staff's work flow is efficient for both the staff and the restaurant customers.
A proper furniture arrangement should incorporate the following:
- The angels between tables should restrict views.
- Wide spaced tables: Mixing table sizes will help create a visually interesting restaurant. Square tables allow for more flexibility and are easier to re-arrange.
- High backed seats also help in creating a more intimate atmosphere.
- Light chairs are easily moved and do not damage the floor. But heavy chairs are more luxurious and are better suited is a high end restaurant.
- For more flexibility you might consider storing some extra stackable chairs.