We have passed the test ! The tested chair meets or exceeds the applicable requirements of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2011
We have passed the test ! The tested chair meets or exceeds the applicable requirements of ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2011. BIFMA - The Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association (BIFMA) has a set of standards which apply to general purpose furniture. Compliance with these standards is strictly voluntary and requires a variety of different types of tests for compliance.
Examples of the types of tests required for compliance are listed below including the results as they relate to our products:
- Back Rest Strength Test - 150 lbs. Functional - PASS, 250lbs. Proof - PASS. There is no loss of serviceability to the chair.
- Drop Test - 225 lb. Functional Drop Weight- PASS, 300 lbs. Proof Drop Weight - PASS. No structural breakage or loss of serviceability.
- Seating Impact Test - 165 lbs. 100,000 cycles - PASS. No loss of serviceability to the chair after completion of both the Impact and Load Ease tests.
- Stability Test - Front- 21 lbs. to tip, Rear- 45 lbs. to tip - PASS. The chair will not tip over as a result of the force application.
- Back Durability Test - 75 lbs. applied to back - 80,000 cycles - PASS. No structural breakage or loss of serviceability.
- Leg Strength Test - 150 lbs. Functional Load - PASS, 250 lbs. Proof Load - PASS. No loss of serviceability to the chair.
BIFMA is the trade association for business and institutional furniture manufacturers. Since 1973, BIFMA has been the voice of the commercial furniture industry.
BIFMA sponsors the development of safety and performance standards, provides industry statistics and forecasts, advocates for regulatory conditions that foster value and innovation.