Choosing Commercial Tables for Your Venue
Tables provide the overall ambiance at your restaurant. With this in mind, we can help you in choosing the right commercial table for your venue. Our tables come in a variety of sizes, shapes, materials and finishes. From granite, to laminate, synthetic teak to solid wood, we offer numerous options thus allowing you to find your ideal restaurant table.
3 Tips to Choosing the Right Commercial Table for Your Venue
When looking for a restaurant table most appropriate for your venue, you need to consider:
- seating capacity
- restaurant tables materials
- table top shapes
1. Know the seating capacity and turnover of your establishment
Determining the number of people you need to seat comfortably with various table sizes can be a tough estimation to make. Seating capacity varies by venue type and portion sizes. While you want to maximize seating capacity, you don’t want to end up with an overcrowded and cramped dining room where no one has any space to maneuver to and from their seats.
Restaurant tables with well-balanced styles and sizes will maximize your guests’ satisfaction. Lack of space at the table is one of the most common complaints customers have thus, it is important to make sure there is enough space while at the same time maximizing the number of restaurant dining chairs in your restaurant.
For example, if you are serving fast food you will need less dining space per person at a table in contrast to a three-course dinner menu. By the same token, tables for a coffee house are comparatively smaller than tables used at a family dining restaurant.
2. Choose the correct table materials for your restaurant’s theme
Below are our recommendations for each type of material:
- Solid Wood - Most commonly used in high-end restaurants, solid wood tops are durable and easy to repair but require regular maintenance to upkeep its appearance.
- Veneer - Veneer table tops are made of thin layers of hardwood, making them both attractive and durable, but not as durable as solid wood.
- Laminate - Laminate tables are perfect for high traffic restaurants as they are scratch resistant. Choose from a wide range of laminates by Wilsonart or Formica to match with your restaurant décor.
- Resin - Perfect for fast food and family style restaurants resin tables are crafted by a mixture of resin with hardener, giving it a glossy finish tough surface.
- Stainless Steel - Popular in patios and ice-cream parlors stainless steel tops are super easy to clean, resistant to heat, rust and corrosion making them especially suitable for outdoor use.
- Synthetic Teak and Werzalit- Made of high-density polyethylene and weather resistant bonded wood respectively, these tops are UV and water resistant making them perfect for outdoor use.
3. Match the shape of your table to the functionality of your space
The shape of the restaurant table tops is important for the functionality of your restaurant.
- Rectangular tables are the most popular and functional table shapes as they can seat large groups of people.
- Square tables bring a classic look to a dining space while keeping guests equally spaced and closer together at the same time.
- Round tables facilitate conversation between patrons and include extra features like hinged edged drop leaf which can help in creating larger tables when needs arise.